Apparently, my Twitter account wasn’t hacked… it was a rogue app that gets access, has a party, trashes the place and then falls asleep.
There is a way to get rid of these apps, according to Ed Guiness an Enterprise Britain reader.
Thanks Ed, for this process:
- Log in to your Twitter Account
- Click on ‘View Your Profile’
- Click on ‘Edit Your Profile’
- On the left hand side of the screen you will see a list of items starting with ‘Account’. At the bottom of the list you will see ‘Apps’
- You will see a list of apps and you can click ‘Revoke Access’ for any of those you don’t like the look of.
When I followed Ed’s process I found a number of apps I didn’t recognise and got rid of them.
Hope this helps.