Doesn’t time fly? Now we are in 2010 it’s time to consider some of the themes for the next ten years. If they are anything like the last ten, the world will look very different in 2020.
So what are the five key themes that I am thinking about as we begin a new decade?
- Globalisation….is not something that is going to happen in the future. More and more businesses must now take advantage of cross border opportunities to increase their revenues and manage their efficiency and costs
- Technology….is a great leveller. The pace of change is set to continue and business models will continue to evolve. Businesses that embrace technology in all its aspects will be the successes of the decade. Those that don’t, large or small, will be overtaken (or if they are lucky, taken over!)
- Opportunity….is exponential. We have just been through the worst recession in living memory. For entrepreneurs with vision and drive, the opportunity to disrupt markets, hire great people, keep costs low and challenge the status quo has never been greater
- Differentiation…. is the name of the game. Successful businesses will always find a reason why customers should choose their product or service over that of their competitors.
- Reputation….is hard to earn and easy to destroy. Who and what you are is now entirely visible to the global community, so it’s time to engage with that community and be helpful to it.